Monday, November 14, 2011

Wicked

I love musicals! A couple of my favorites are Les Miserables and Miss Saigon. I've seen them both multiple times at the Fox Theatre in downtown Atlanta.

Thanks to my friend, Mae, I now have a new favorite to add to the list: Wicked, which is the "untold story of the Witches of Oz". Probably the most well known song from the show is "Defying Gravity" which I had become familiar with (and fell in love with) thanks to Glee.

Because she's amazing, Mae gave me tickets for my birthday for she & I to see the show at the Fox in September. {is that a really awkward sentence, or is it just me?} Anyway, the day finally arrived and can I just say... the show was AMAZING! I loved every minute of it. Seriously, the music is unbelievable and some parts of the story are so unexpected. I'll never think of The Wizard of Oz in the same way again.

Here are a couple of pics of Mae & I on our night on the town. {thanks, Mae for sharing your phone pics.}



Do you like musicals? Have you seen Wicked?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...